Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/23/2020 9:58:34 PM
Subject: RE: In case you're worried with not enough cri

I wonder how many milk men lost their jobs compared to how many truck drivers you have? Hot shots? Taxis? Ubers? I don't know, seems a little silly to use that analogy, but I understand your point, I just don't agree with it.

You seem to enjoy assuming someone's position, then straw manning it at will. That's ok. No, I'm not saying AI or Automation will destroy the world, I'm merely voicing concern over the potential of the employment sector as we know it today, looking very different in, say 2050. In 2050 the world may very well have it's human AI robot that you can program to do a task any human could, but better, more efficiently and at minimal long term cost. I mean, the prospect isn't that far off is it? Look at where we were 30 years from today... barely scraping up the internet. PC's starting to flow into homes. 30 years before that? 1960's? Black people not allowed to piss in the same bathroom as white people and color TV was a big hit. Do you honestly think 30 or 50 years down the road large corporations like Amazon would hesitate to buy up AI robots, replace employees and run entirely by AI / Automation? I don't know, maybe I'm being silly, but the possibility is unnerving at best, and having 2 kids that will hopefully still be around in 50 years, I really hope mankind has a solution for that problem if it comes.

And no, that's not me saying OMG GUYS TERMINATOR IS COMING, WTF WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE... HIDE YOUR BABIES
It's me looking at the past and making an offhand prediction about where the future of humanity might lie. FFS, how many movies and video games have been made about this very subject? Yes, they all end with the robot AI's becoming self-aware, but that's just to add drama and flavor to an otherwise bland subject. Maybe I'm just crazy though...
_