Author: Hollow <jfdsajk>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/17/2020 5:42:21 AM
Subject: RE: Creedo

Fair enough, lets use first world countries for examples.

Racism? If you take the population of all other first world countries, then take their percentage of different races, it's not even comparable. Most other countries in the world, whether first, second, or third world don't have the diversity the U.S. has. You won't see rampant racism when everybody is the same race.

Women? U.S. was the first developed country to allow women full rights to vote. There's still a sexist mentality all over the world, but I fail to see how the US is well behind. If there was a female candidate who wasn't batshit crazy, the U.S. would have a female President...I'd love to see Nikki Haley run myself(I bet she could win)

Slavery? Tough one to compare. Most countries, including the U.S., banned slave trading in the late 1700's, early 1800's. They didn't fully ban slavery until mid to late 1800's...same time as the U.S. Again, not well behind.

If you have some factual evidence of where I'm wrong I'd love to hear it...and I don't mean that sarcastically or with the usual vitriol we see on these boards. I do have alot of love for my country, but I'm not so patriotically blinded that I think it's perfect, however, I think a lot of the hatred levied towards the U.S. comes from incorrect media portrayals.
_