Author: LaNDo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 10/29/2019 6:25:54 PM
Subject: RE: Trump is going to fix the opioid epidemic!

That's a cute story Fresh lol... 2 pills gives you some idea of what the drug feels like, but to get a real good idea of addiction, take 2 pills, 3-6 times a day for several years and then try quitting.

The true power of addiction doesn't really involve getting high anymore, it's really just about hitting baseline to even yourself out. Your tolerance rises, so you take more and more and eventually it goes so high you start risking OD every time you take it.

I was addicted to opiates of some type for a good 10 years of my life. I won't ever get those years back and it's one of the only things in my life I would go back and change if I could.

You get to a point where if you stop taking it for a day or two you will get extremely sick... it's not just a "flu" like illness, it's basically the worst flu you could imagine for about a week, followed by crippling depression and anxiety for 2-3 months after. It really is hell. The thing that keeps people addicted is knowing that one little pill or one little shot will take all of those shitty feelings away which is why most people cave and relapse. The physical effects of withdrawl are difficult and it sucks... but it's doable. It's the depression and anxiety that follows. Your brain gets used to the drug, so it stops creating seratonin naturally,then when you stop and the opiates leave your system you are sitting at super low levels of seratonin. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So yeah, I don't have a problem with drugs in general, if you are responsible with them... but opiates have such a dangerous factor to them that could end up ruining your life. Luckily I was able to get through the worst of it and came out on the other end alive, but most people can't or won't do it just because of how fucking expensive good treatment facilities are. The cheap ones don't work (hell even the good ones don't most of the time either).

So yeah, don't take that shit for more than a few days at a time or you're fucked.

_