Author: Fresh Meat . <mymodem gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/25/2019 7:58:28 AM
Subject: You're never too young for shingles

I'm 51 and I had chicken pox when I was 12.

Now I got shingles.

If you've had chicken pox get the shingles vaccine.

I kept seeing the shingles vaccine commercials on TV and thought it didn't apply to me because I wasn't old. Then I get shingles and find out shingles can come at any age. If you've had chicken pox then you are at risk of getting shingles.

I got them on the typical spot, lower back top the left. So I took pills subscribed by a doctor and in a couple of months I can get the vaccine.

My dad had it bad on his face and it was extremely painful. He said it felt like his flesh was being ripped off his face.

If you've had chicken pox, go get the vaccine.

Paste:
Shingles is a viral infection that causes a painful rash. Although shingles can occur anywhere on your body, it most often appears as a single stripe of blisters that wraps around either the left or the right side of your torso.

Shingles is caused by the varicella-zoster virus — the same virus that causes chickenpox. After you've had chickenpox, the virus lies inactive in nerve tissue near your spinal cord and brain. Years later, the virus may reactivate as shingles.

While it isn't a life-threatening condition, shingles can be very painful. Vaccines can help reduce the risk of shingles, while early treatment can help shorten a shingles infection and lessen the chance of complications.

The name shingles derives from the Latin cingulus, (a variant of Latin cingulum) meaning "girdle".
_