Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/22/2019 9:40:46 PM
Subject: RE: Games of Thrones SPOILERS

Maybe I missed something in the books, but the only account of Rhaego's death was from Mirri Maz Duur who says he had been dead for years, but I don't recall any kind of burial or conclusion after the still birth. She could have taken him anywhere ... the books and the show don't really differ from what I recall. I'll be at this part next week again, but all it says is:

"Monstrous. Twisted. I drew him forth myself. He was scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat. When I touched him, the flesh sloughed off the bone, and inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for years"

In the show Rhaego is swiftly carried away outside of the tent and we don't see him again. The book doesn't do anything different really, it's just Mirri's account. It doesn't say "Mirri and everyone looks at Rhaego's lifeless body and they bury him in the sand" or anything.

Anyways, that specific event wasn't my point. My point is that some things are not definitive in either the book or the show and could leave room for more story. Maybe the Clegaines survive the fire and are now living happily ever after and are best buddy/brothers?
_