Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/20/2019 8:38:23 AM
Subject: RE: Games of Thrones SPOILERS

I tried so hard to defend the last season, as I truly enjoyed some of the massive battles and the storyline wasn't as bad as some people were making it out to be. I held out hope that they would make a decent final episode, but alas, it was not very good. It didn't make any fucking sense.

All those people sworn to protect and serve their queen, but are okay with sending Jon to the wall to serve on the Night's Watch? WTF do we need the Night's Watch for now by the way? Did we forget that the Night King is dead and with him all of the white walkers? So what's the point now? Did we forget there's a massive hole in the wall now too?

I was fine with Bran being made King, but the whole thing felt rushed and forced. Jon's storyline was the big let down for most people this season. So much of the last few seasons were building Jon up... the big secret of his lineage, him dying and coming back... he had an obvious destiny in this show, but ends up not really paying off. I can see how a lot of people are upset with the way that ended.

Great show all in all. I won't hold the last episode or final season against them as I would do it all over again knowing it would end that way. The finale was a letdown, but worth it.
_