Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 4/25/2019 4:51:21 PM
Subject: RE: Condensed Question

Gawd, you're right. MOST people aren't that smart. You can see several years as being 20 or 30 I don't give a shit. And yes 99% of climate scientists believe that in a few decades, maybe 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 there will be a point of no return. It's well documented. It's not going to be 500 years and even if it were, why not start making the necessary adjustments now?

Trying to downplay it doesn't make sense and it goes against what science is telling us. That we should be doing the opposite and we should start now.

That being said. I don't claim to have the solutions for it. You'd have to get all the major industrialized countries in the world to cut back on emissions, which is not easy. The Paris accord was a nice idea, but doesn't actually hold anybody in check.

I'm baffled that people still try to downplay it and say "it's not that bad" or "the planet is resiliant, we'll be fine". So... here, we have to deny that science in all its totality is either conspiring against the human population to try and get them to stop using fossil fuels, or those scientists are all just idiots that don't know what they're talking about, and some dumb hick from the US obviously knows better. Right, because that's more likely right ?

So let's just collectively kick back, promote oil and gas and fracking and if it doesn't affect us before we die, who gives a flying fuck. Let our grandchildren choke on our shit right?

Idiots. lol
_