Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 4/16/2019 6:04:12 PM
Subject: RE: In what year...

You think my view is that we should get rid of oil and gas right this second? Maybe you should think before posting as you are jumping to massive conclusions instead of actually looking at what I'm writing.

Oil and gas is what we have right now, and that's fine I accept that. Don't be so naive to think that the billions of dollars behind oil and gas don't influence politics and make very rich people do stupid and greedy things to keep oil and gas on the market. That's fucking obvious. Your country has spent billions if not trillions going to war for oil, regardless of whether or not you think it was for weapons of mass destruction.

It's not the point and you seem to miss the point quite often. Oil and Gas is shit and yes we should phase it out. Obviously not as fast as possible, but we should phase our grids off of a resource that we know for a fact will at some point run out. It's the best we had at the time, but it is not anymore. Don't try to convolute what I wrote into "GAS IS BAD LETS GET RID OF IT AND DESTROY THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES" christ that's reaching, even for you.

Right now, we have the ability to power all of our vehicles with renewable resources. We also have trillions of dollars and millions of jobs invested in oil and gas, so yes it's a problem, but it's not one we should ignore, we should move forward and try to make it easier to power things like fucking cars. Oh and third world countries... how well do you think oil and gas would benefit them if they were able to use solar power to operate instead of oil and gas? And yes there are people actively working against renewable sources of energy because they know it will cut the bottom line. There will be a breaking point, but as long as it works and makes money, there will be a lot of people out there making sure it sticks around.

I thought you were a little bit more intelligent than to try and equate what I said with what you said.
_