Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/28/2018 2:04:20 PM
Subject: It's time to get real. Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

I don't speak up about it much because honestly I haven't cared much throughout my life. Even when Columbine happened I just shrugged it off as another stupid thing that humanity has done. If it doesn't affect me or my family or the environment, I generally mind my own business.

But god damn, another one? And Maryland again?

I've lived in Asia for 5 years as of now - Korea, Vietnam, and have extensively visited 7 other Asian countries for more than weeks/months at a time. And it's a better life there; a safer one for all families. Because there are no guns.

During those 5 years, there were almost zero shootings in the all of the nations that I was in. In fact, I don't remember any civilians being killed. Not one. Just a couple military-based shootings where some guards were killed.

Even in Vietnam, with it's high population and some crime here and there, I never once heard of a gun being in anyone's possession for the 2 years I was there.

While I was over in Asia, we all heard about the more than 20 mass shootings in America during those 5 years. I felt pity for you all, because I was safe and those people were not at all. And my mom lives in the Bay Area, generally not a low crime area. I gotta worry about that shit?

It's time to get real, Americans. It's time to do some basic math. Look at this chart. Look at the Amount of Guns per person. Then compare those numbers to things like homicides and suicides.

It's a linear line. The more guns per capita, the more homicides, and the more mass shootings. It's the facts. And the biggest fact of them all is that the 2nd Amendment is the reason America is a dangerous, failing country that is well-beyond its prime.

Copy Australia; Copy South Korea. They got rid of guns near-completely. And they have no shootings. Ever. Ever.
Our potential is higher and stronger than those countries, but we fail to live up to it.
It's the only way to become the greatest nation in the world again, as we were from the time following World War 2 to around the later Vietnam War era.

Repeal the 2nd and buy some freaking nunchucks like a real man. You dont see Bruce Lee with a hick-ass AR-15, and he was whoopin' on 'em.
_