Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/26/2018 1:16:36 PM
Subject: RE: Just Sold My Side Business 'Branch', Need

Wow even better responses than expected. As soon as I opened just the first two posts from Lando and Mikey I called my GF over and said "this is why I still make posts on this weird black background site you see sometimes for 20 years now?" and she read the responses and was like "Wowwwww okay so you actually have cool friends and not just video game player friends online", and that made me feel both good and bad.

Thanks for the two or three methods of going about this. I sort of like the flat rate approach but I also feel like its a bit 'rough' considering the fluctuation of income in Southeast Asia is higher than the fluctuation in America due to the major ebb and flow of foreigners in and out of the city every 6-12 months. I had to promote myself so hard to get to where I got and I had to learn how to become really good at marketing in the process. Maybe he isn't as good as me at that, and I wouldn't want to take his money just because he gets 'a few less customers' than me per week.

Taking a percentage makes more sense to me because I'm going to start it up in Hong Kong too and I expect to be somewhat successful because people quickly realize how professional and minimal my services are (in terms of no bloatware/only the best software) and how fast my turnaround time is. I can't see it failing. So I do think it will get bigger, but I don't know if that will have any impact of the business in Hanoi, or the other locations (my friends take care of LA and SD, and they take 100% of the profit - its literally just for me to show off on flyers and the net and seem bigger than i am... marketing!).

I'll think about this more and make a decision. Right now Im more confused about how to go about dealing with the 'other' guy who does hardware and barely gets business. I'll probably just say "take the business name, no charge, but you can't do software under my name", since that's my main guys job. I cant see hardware making any impact. Only 10% of my sales were hardware, I think I stated a higher % earlier.

Thanks all!

PS Desktops for life! Im part of that "other world" now because I have to be :( At least my MSI has a Geforce 1080 rigged in it thanks to Coolerboost 5. My laptop sounds like a freight train.
_