Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/23/2018 6:47:45 PM
Subject: Just Sold My Side Business 'Branch', Need Advice

Ok guys, this is serious so don't troll the FB post or anything, lol.

Somehow within 7 months I became the largest *laptop* repair in Hanoi - software wise mostly but I did hardware if they really, really needed it, but I mostly sent them to my partners (a vietnamese shop i made friends with on the condition that they didnt rip my customers off that i sent).

So I moved away from Hanoi, Vietnam, 4 days ago. I'm back in Cali doing nothing and loving it.

The business makes about 3 million VND a day because about 6 laptops come in for repair. 90% of the laptops go through this exact process, therefore you can do them ALL at the same time and be done in 2 hours: https://imgur.com/a/MCkrJl5. This made it so this was my secondary job and not my primary, because I did have 2-4 hours extra a day to cut the games off and repair PC's.

So 3 million vnd is about $125 USD I believe. Each computer is 500,000 Dong flat rate - no ifs, ands, or buts (except a few). The business runs 7 days a week, so 125 x 7 is around $900 a week profit. Absolutely zero overhead, even though this required me to be a bit deceitful during some moments, which I will not do again in the future. (I will now buy legit keys at 1000 a piece from china rather than pirating everything).

I found two people to take over the business.

One will do software, and he is GOOD. His flyer is posted at the bottom and people are already going to him. He will get 90% of the business.

One will do hardware repairs, and he is 'pretty' good. But Laptop Hardware is a different world. Man, it's hard. He will be about 10% of the business. Once again, everything is 500,000 VND ($22.00) per computer, for labor (obv. not counting parts).

Now here's my question.

I'm opening a Hong Kong branch when I move to HK in a couple months.

What kind of TAKE should I get from the previous businesses?
Now so far, I told my software guy Andy that I wanted something around 2 months worth of business ($7,000) but then I realized it's too much for him to pay, and I'm going to lower it considerably - but maybe add on royalties to each sale? Does this sound weird or off?

Here is the facebook post that is my transition out of the city and showing the 10,000 strong community (note: STRONG community) that the new technicians have arrived: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1380006002015676/permalink/2244636578885943/

And here is the flyer for July:

So what do I actually do here?
I have legitimately created an empire of sorts in the capital city of Vietnam without 1) trying or 2) having ANY business experience. I'm just very, very good at customer service, at least I think I did a good job, per my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/psiproductions/. But the new guys, I can't really keep them in line totally how I would do it myself. I'm 5000 miles away or more, and I don't know if they're quite as good with people as me but I'm sure they are since im not special.

So what happens now?

Does anyone here have an MBA? I don't care if you do or not, let me know how to keep this empire expanding assuming my promotion skills are as good in Hong Kong as they were in the 7,590,000 person city of Hanoi.

I want to be fair, but I want my money too. This is 100% my creation built from the ground up and maybe the only relevant fucking thing I've done in my life.

_