Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/10/2018 9:06:31 PM
Subject: Worst Pain Ever

I seem to recall a post not that long ago that was asking what everyone's worst pain in their lives were... I remember answering it with something like a ligament being torn off my arm muscle while arm wrestling... I think that was it.

Well, Wednesday night blew that out of the fucking water. I play softball for our work league. Second up to bat, take a big swing at an easy pitch and feel a tear up my side as I'm extending out. It fucking hurt, I knew something was wrong, like I sprained a muscle or something. I clutched my side, jogged to first and tried to walk it off after. Then we played in the field, I'm on second base. Ball gets hit to me, I turn to throw to first base after tagging 2nd plate and right after I throw I felt the most excruciating pain I've ever felt or could even imagine.

I was floored immediately. Went down like a sack of bricks. Yelling in pain. Tears from my eyes start pouring out. I've never in my life had tears from pain, but I couldn't stop them, it was that bad.

Turns out I fractured my bottom rib (left side). Dr. thinks the muscle or tendon was torn from the rib itself. There's no way to tell from an X-Ray because any type of injury like that won't show up.

Holy fuck that hurt though. It also sucked because I'm on Suboxone now as some of you may know, and they still scripted me percocets to take home. The one thing about Suboxone or Buprenorphine is that it holds onto your opiate receptors and takes hold of them, not letting anything else on. So didn't matter how many percs I took, it didn't do a damn thing. Only thing that helps a little is vaping CBD oil. That shit is a miracle for pain.

Anyways, that's my story. Anybody here break or fracture a rib before? It's especially shitty because it makes you not able to cough, push out a shit or laugh without feeling immense pain.
_