Author: A Sniper <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 4/19/2018 11:27:18 AM
Subject: RE: Arm the Teachers they say...

Oh.. Hai Guys...

2cents incoming.

To me, there is a huge difference from "Arm the teachers" and "Allow the teachers to be armed". It is arrogant and an exaggeration to say that everyone on the side of arming teachers are saying "Give teachers guns!" without them having any type of training or certifications on how to handle a firearm responsibly, especially within a school.

While I am far from a republican, I do believe that teachers should have the right to, with proper training and certifications, be allowed to carry a concealed firearm in the classroom. "Gun Free Zone" Signs clearly do not work to prevent someone from bring a firearm and shooting people. that much should be clear to everyone. Laws don't prevent people from doing things they want to do. plain and simple.

The alternative would however deter someone from doing something like shooting up a place if they even had the notion that there could be multiple people, that they do not know of (they would know a cop would have a gun obviously) that could surprise them and stop them with a firearm, they would and do definitely hesitate. You don't see a gun show get shot up? you don't see a police station get shot up? any area that has the potential for multiple unknown people carrying loaded firearms, do not get shot up. every instance I have seen has been a place that firearms have been banned from being carried.

Allowing a teacher to decide upon themselves to take a class/get certified to carry a firearm in schools would by far reduce the casualties in mass shootings at schools. I am not talking about a 2 day class or anything like that. I am talking about at minimum 10 days of training (5 weeks of weekend classes at a school to teach in the environment the class pertains to). Nobody is saying mass shootings aren't bad, or that they aren't tragic either, but you shouldn't blame the firearm. Criminals don't obey laws. so its pointless to try and restrict/ban them. look at drugs. illegal drugs are still readily available even being illegal. the same will happen with firearms, and those willing to follow the law would then be defenseless.
_