Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/9/2018 1:42:32 PM
Subject: RE: Drak

10 Fun Facts About My Brother Alexander, a 4 A.M. Post:

1) His favorite food growing up was straight Cheese Pizza. Nope, not Pepperoni, and definitely not any other topping. Just straight cheese. We used to think he was lame his entire life for this. "Cheese pizza man? Are you like 5 years old, bro? How about pepperoni and bacon or at least some vegetables?" Nope, he wanted that cheese. We thought he was lame. Then, our grandma sent him to Italy. He had Neapolitan pizza. He said "this is what I've been looking for my entire life." The entire time, he was just looking for real pizza, and didn't know it existed, and we were making fun of him for it when in reality he was ahead of us and just couldn't express it.

2) Out of the 3 brothers, he was the most crafty. He was the best with his hands and using tools. He got that from our Dad and if he was born in the 10's he would have been working on the production line for Ford Motors. If he grew up in the 20's and 30's he would have been working on anti-prohibition equipment for super 40 horsepower cars. If he grew up in the 40's he would have been working on Blimp engines flying over Manhattan. If the 50's, he would have been in the Train industry working on coal engines during the great decline of that locomotive. If the 60's, he would have been in San Francisco working as a hippy car salesman and mechanic, or if he graduated from Cal Poly like my Dad did, he would have been at NASA for the Apollo missions. The 70's would have brought him straight to Vietnam, in the bad way - not the good. The 80's would have turned him into a traveler and worldly follower. The 90's. Well, the 90's is what he grew up in, and he grew up as my little brother.

3) He was really, really good at paintball. So good in fact, that I made excuses not to play him 1 versus 1. No way I wanted to step into that cage with him, even though I had been playing 6 years longer than him, was his older brother, could kick his ass at literally anything I wanted to, and was very good at the sport myself. But in that arena, he had no fear and his accuracy was dead-on. Poke your head around a corner to see where he was moving to next and you would already get your face splattered with a 290 feet-per-second fine-tuned shot from the barrel of an Angel. I was better at sports than him our entire life, but I can sit here today and say without a doubt that in our favorite sport, Paintball, he could take me out with a blindfold over his face if he really felt like it. That's where he got his aggression out and thanks to his amazing hand-eye coordination, he was simply better than me and most other people out there at that great sport.

4) He was a late bloomer in speaking. He called me "Da-durr" until about the age of 5. It's like Dude, why can't you talk? You're still calling me Da-durr? Somehow, he called Christian "Christian".

5) He took after my brother's taste in music a lot more than he took after mine. I am grateful to Christian for showing him the bands that he ended up liking the most. He went to 311 Day as much as he could and got a few pictures with the band, most notably Nick Hexum, the lead singer of the band. I believe 311 got him into drumming and once he got his own drum set, he never stopped bothering my mom. Thank god I was moved out of the house by then.

6) The best time of his life was when he traveled to Greece and Italy when he was 23. He repeatedly stated very often how he would get back out into the world and travel as much as he could once he left town. The significance of this fact for me personally is that the best time of my own life was when I traveled to Greece and Italy... when I was 23. Thank you, Grandma. I got to go for graduating university - I have no idea why he got to go. LOL.

7) Despite his income being 1/10th of mine at the most, and even way less than that vs. Christian's, he somehow owned 10 times more cars than either of us ever did combined. I don't know where those cars all came from, but they weren't stolen, and many of them were amazingly awesome.

8) The FOX News reporter, of all people, called my brother "a well-liked individual", when presenting the first newscast about his death in Fairfield. This one hit me hard, because newscasters don't just make stuff like that up.

9) No matter how many times I beat his ass for being an idiot, we would always be best friends and brothers again the next day.

10) I love my little brother and always will, and I know that he always loved me. And on the rare occasion, when we were both being open, we did tell each other that. I love you, brother.
_