Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/21/2018 8:15:35 PM
Subject: RE: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Both movies I really want to see still. Actually had planned on seeing both, but people I went with wanted to see something else. Instead of Shape of Water we saw The Post, which was really good. Probably not top 5 of the year, but a good watch with excellent parallels to today's political climate.

My Top Movies of the Year (in no particular order)

- Dunkirk: Excellent WWII movie. I fucking love war movies... nothing beats a good WWII or Vietnam war flick, except maybe a really epic Western.

- Blade Runner: No explanation required. It won't win any Best Picture awards I'm sure, but entertaining as fuck.

- The Disaster Artist (I'm a sucker for bad movies. This was the perfect homage to the worst movie ever made).

- Wind River: This is my pic for Best Picture of 2017. Very well made and entertaining. Incredible true story. All the makings of an Oscan winner IMO, except one of the really good kinds. Highly recommended.

- The Big Sick: Top nominee for best comedy. Kumail is hilarious.

- Get Out: By far best horror / thriller of the year. Awesome movie, very entertaining and mindfucking.

If I had to pick my absolute favorite movies it would be between Wind River and Dunkirk.

_