Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/12/2018 2:53:03 AM
Subject: I went a year without alcohol in 2017

Pros:

* Cholesterol, Triglycerides, and BodyFat% all down to where they were at when I was in high school aka stunning results for my age. Before, they were high, as I have bad cholesterol genetics even though no one in my family is overweight.
* Less anger towards small things in life when they randomly happen like hitting my toe or a computer crashing on my work.
* More activity physically, but not by much. But a little.
* Waking up at 5:30 AM every day for work is NO problem.

Cons:

* I admit that I did less social things, because bars and nightclubs are something I enjoy, and where my introversion can go away for a bit.
* I was less excited to start new projects for some reason. I didn't make a single fucking Seoulhunter Travel video.
* I missed a lot of once-brewed crafts beers that Vietnam excels in these days. As a beer LOVER, not just a drinker, I love my microbrews and rating beers.
* That's it.

I told myself and others I could do it, and January was hard, since I had a problem (but was not a literal alcoholic. I can just drink 12-24 beers straight and it wont phase me... and still probably can. Mental fortitude; not physical tolerance, just like hard drugs. I am a complete maniac and my brain is defensive and wants to stay grounded, so I have to dose myself hard to get to where others are).

And fuck you alcohol, I beat you. Now let me sip this double IPA while I tarnish your name.
_