Author: Fresh Meat . <mymodem gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/15/2017 11:00:43 AM
Subject: RE: FUCK. RE: Firefox 57, not 37

Elevator pitch please. And I'm only going to the 13th floor because the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top anymore.

What does 'kicking the shit out of chrome' mean?

Google owns me and knows all my dark secrets and passwords. I don't want to teach another browser who I am.

This Joe Average doesn't want to break in a new pair of shoes even if it means I can run faster and jump higher. Joe just wants to wear his old sneakers to walk to main street and back.

There was a time when I loved hacking, tweaking and modding all my stuff. Now I pay retail as well as click accept update. (see foot note)

Foot Note:
There was a time when I couldn't or wouldn't update certain gadgets like gaming machines or iPhone because I would wreck the current mod or lose the ability to hack because it wasn't on older firmware.

My phone is 3 firmware generations behind because it works perfect and I don't want to 'go to school' to learn how to set up the latest modded firmware.

A big selling feature for me to hack my gaming systems was no more discs, put the games on a hard drive. So ya... how often do you handle a disc these days?

I was in Best Buy the other day and took note of the blank disc stock. Pretty slim pickens.

I guess my point is, this old dog doesn't want to learn new tricks anymore. I like my porch just the way it is.

_