Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 10/27/2017 9:20:44 PM
Subject: ** WARNING SPOILERS**

So before you read below, please listen to the podcast first. There's a huge event at the last episode of Dirty John and this truly gives it away.

WARNING This contains major spoilers, so read at your own risk.
Weirdest thing happened to me with this podcast:
I love podcasts. I listen to them at work, in my truck and at night while I fall asleep. I started listening to Dirty John a couple days ago and started getting interested/involved in the story line. I genuinely had no clue how it was going to end up or anything. Definitely didn't see the end coming.
I was on episode 3, last I remembered, and put my earbuds in as I fell asleep. I recall listening to bits here and there as I dozed off and finally fell fast asleep. Then I started dreaming. I dreamt the last scene of the podcast where Terra is in a knife fight with John. I actually visualized the whole thing play out, only difference being that it was happening on the beach and not the parking lot.
It was around 2:30am and I was drifting in and out of sleep as I dreamt about Terra stabbing John in the eye and by the time I had woken up completely the podcast was finished. I couldn't for the life of me (in the last 2 days) tell if what I had dreamt actually happened in the podcast or if it was just a dream. It was a super vivid dream, but I have had it before where I dream parts of podcasts that don't actually happen. This story (the end specifically) was so fantastic and unbelievable that I just chalked it up to being a dream because that scenario was super badass and unlikely. Still I didn't know for sure.
For work today I had a 2.5 hour drive to a ranch, so I had a chance to listen to the last 3 episodes of Dirty John. I couldn't have anticipated the end at all... nothing was really leading up to it getting that thrilling, but sure enough at the end of episode 6 I start hearing things that I remembered in my dream. I started hearing about how Terra sees a dude in the back of his car rummaging around and how the young girl in the apartments had watched what was happening and ran down to help (she's a fucking rockstar too in my books. Most people wouldn't have gone down there to help, but a 15 year old girl did! Good for her). It all played out from there and I was left with a few tears in my eyes from how proud I was of that girl to fight back and end that fuckers life. My jaw was open for a few minutes afterwards at how badass that whole thing ended.
That was one of the greatest podcast experiences I've ever had and I've probably listened to over a thousand hours of podcasts. Great show.
_