Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/21/2017 11:44:03 PM
Subject: RE: Explain the confederacy

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, or that it's even possibly ever going to happen, but there are certain things like this that people overlook for patriotic reasons like yours even though they may benefit the country/state.

Cultural or not, it has proven in some places to be effective. I don't think it's smart to do this with everyone, but you have to realize that the majority of the impoverished people in America are hard working people that just got a shit deal or were born into a shitty environment. There are many that lost their homes in a disaster, or their husband died of cancer and they got poor paying the bills etc etc... I don't think it's wise to hand out 20k a year to a bum that doesn't want to work or look for a job, but it could be very beneficial to those hardworking individuals that got dealt a shitty hand in life. Obviously that would consume a lot of resources, but in the end if you stop that cycle of poverty at some point and allow a large portion of the population to be able to pay for goods/services/education etc. the economy will benefit in the long run.
_