Author: Niall <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/17/2017 5:20:36 AM
Subject: RE: Quake Champions Open Beta

10 minute load time from SSD on my admittedly old i7 CPU and a somewhat lacking video card. That load time is goddamn ludicrous though, hopefully it was just a first time thing? I'll never wait that long to play it again. When it found a game for me to join, i got... another loading screen!? 10 minutes of loading was for the fucking MENU!?

After all that loading, the game looks... about the same as quake live, maybe worse? Come on!

It's fast like quake at least, the one round of DM I did had a familiar feeling map, i don't know the names of them though...

I like being able to select the shotty as a default weapon instead of the normal pea shooter. started wrecking some faces once I got that changed. Didn't unlock any character classes yet i don't think? Got a loot box that i didn't open for finishing the game I suppose.

Will try again, but if it takes that long to load again, i'm out. Can't even multitask while it loads! Tried to find some place to post beta feedback, but it doesn't seem like Bethesda is terribly interested in that? Whatev!
_