Author: Hollow <jfdsa>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/11/2017 4:42:33 AM
Subject: RE: Explain the confederacy

Nobody currently in America, or for a couple generations, was dragged here to work for nothing. For the record though, my forefathers were "dragged" here by England to serve as slaves for the original colonies in the 1600's. I don't quite understand how any of that is a justification for racism though. I'm not at all denying there is a racist sect of the Republican party, same as there is in the Democratic party. To somehow suggest the racists in the Democratic party are justified because whites haven't suffered the same historic tribulations as African American's is ridiculous.
You're also mixing the subjects of illegal immigration, legal immigration, and racism into one which is ridiculous as well(also a great tool of liberals). Nobody in the Republican party(except the racist sect) has an issue with legal immigration or refugees provided they are vetted properly. There is a refugee admissions program in the U.S., which accepts the most refugee's IN THE WORLD. Not a single word has been uttered by the Republican party, or President Trump, over cutting that program in any way and they shouldn't(Another FYI, that is how the rest of my forefathers came to America). The U.S. not only lets in more legal immigrants and refugees than any other nation in the world, but we also have the highest illegal immigrant population in the world. Our President wants to block the flow of illegal immigrants as much as possible and increase the vetting process of legal immigrants/refugees entering the country. I'm failing to see how that is racist or a problem in any way?
_