Author: Hollow <jfdsa>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/9/2017 9:54:09 AM
Subject: RE: Explain the confederacy

"I have never heard a Democrat say that they want to keep illegal immigrants or support having them illegally come into the country Hollow. Do you even realize how many illegals Obama deported? There's a big difference between not wanting to spend billions on a trans continental border wall and accepting illegals."
Go look up the number of sanctuary cities in the U.S. Or just look at California who's trying to make itself a sanctuary state. The whole purpose of them is to refuse any federal order on detaining and deporting illegal immigrants. There's one thing you'll notice about all these sanctuaries...they're all Democrat controlled. I don't give a shit how many Obama deported. If he didn't accept so many and bus them to sanctuary cities, he wouldn't have had so many to deport. First quarter of this year, there was 20% less deportations then first quarter last year. Do you think that's because Trump doesn't want them deported or because they're not flooding into the U.S.? I never said anything about a wall. I personally think it's a waste of time and money and his policies are working well enough as it is. Only reason he's pushing it now is because it was a campaign promise and he's clearly trying to uphold all his promises.

"As for immigration, this should be allowed to an extent. I don't think blocking refugees and immigrants all together is a good thing and I truly believe that it's what Trump wants. Let's be honest here... even their doctors and lawyers are over here scrubbing toilets and watering your plants, so don't give me the "taking our jobs" bullshit. They're only taking the ones you don't want."
Wrong. Trump has stated countless times he wants to mimic the vetting rules of nations like Canada. I know quite a few legal immigrants who have bitched about the H1B visa's and are fully on board with the vetting Trump has asked for. I also never said anything about illegals taking American jobs. In fact, your last 2 sentences in that paragraph prove exactly what I said. Liberals argue for illegal immigration because they "do the jobs American's don't want"...i.e. we can use them as unskilled laborers. Relating back to one of the biggest arguments in the civil war...the fight over unskilled laborers. Irony.

"Maybe I didn't sum that up well. It's not that anybody wants to have people from war torn countries flee their homeland to yours or ours, but if you could put yourselves in their shoes for one minute you would feel differently I'm sure. It's easy to sit here and say no... safe in your house, no worry of war or famine. Try raising your small children in a world where drones and bombs are raping your town, the government is oppressive and you really have no chance of raising them in a decent and safe environment. Sure, you could send them somewhere else so it's not your problem, but why? is that what humanity should be about? turning away the weak hungry and poor?"
That's the sappy shit Liberals try to force down everyone's throat. I served in Afghanistan. I saw first hand, the weak, poor, and hungry from a war torn country. I still have PTSD related to some incidents with children in that country. I am still firmly against open borders with any nation, ESPECIALLY a war torn nation. If individual citizens want to stand up and do what they can for the weak, hungry, and poor then God bless them and more power to them. The government should not be allowing anybody and everybody in to my country and telling me I have to support them, period.
_