Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/8/2017 9:56:08 PM
Subject: Explain the confederacy

I know the confederacy tried to secede from America and failed after the civil war ended. Well, I don't know the exact details, but I have a pretty good idea. The confederacy didn't want to give up their slaves... I know there was other stuff in the mix, but the big selling point was slavery abolishment. Right?

So why now, do we see confederate flags hoisted up by those who consider themselves to be patriotic to America. It's like a confederate flag goes hand in hand with good ole American patriotism. So why is that a thing, when the confederacy literally did not want to be part of America? Isn't seceding like the exact opposite of being patriotic? Isn't that like treason or something?

Hopefully somebody other than Creedo can make a half-ass attempt at answering this for me. It's something that has baffled me for a while. I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm genuinely interested in how the confederate flag is still a patriotic symbol in America and even Canada??? Yeah, I live in Alberta and just about every other pickup truck has a confederate flag sticker on the rear window. It's strange.
_