Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/7/2017 11:23:03 PM
Subject: RE: Since nobody is talking here...

It's kind of pointless to debate with religious people now... I've listened to about 100 hours of debates on podcasts and have heard the same arguments over and over and never getting any closer to any shred of evidence for there being a deity of any type that is watching over us.

The debates often sidetrack to presupposition and confirmation bias... basically just throwing in ad libs for religious theory and it goes in circles.

The burden of proof is on those claiming to know the existence of a specific god or gods, or prophet. They can't use the bible because of it's age, translations and 3rd hand stories... but in reality it is all that there is to go on.

For me, it's simple. I was born in Canada in a Christian household, told by my parents and the church that god created adam and eve and that if I'm bad I'll go to hell and if I'm good I'll go to heaven etc etc. Well... I am one in 7 billion people on this earth, so let's say next life I'm born in Pakistan and my parents, town and church tell me that Mohammed is the true prophet, then China and that Buddha was a real guy and that I will be reincarnated into a badass bald eagle if I'm a good person.

To pick a side though? Are these people unable to think outside themselves for a minute? Realize that Christianity teaches that if you had been born in another part of the earth that you'd be indoctrinated to believe in false gods by default and condemned to hell? How does this make sense ...

Denying religion is easy, but harder to deny the existence of something else that may have spawned us here. The simulation theory is more plausible. Aliens shooting life onto earth is plausible as well. Show me some proof otherwise or I don't buy it.

_