Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/15/2016 8:53:09 PM
Subject: RE: Keeping his word?

ALL politicians don't keep their word for the most part. As for Trudeau, he will legalize pot... but it's a lengthy process in Canada. We are under trade regulations with countries and legalizing pot would put those in jeopardy, so it will take time.

The difference here with Trump is that Trump had a few ideas that he was very outspoken with. He based his campaign on a FEW very key points without going into any kind of detail whatsoever. He's been asked hundreds of times how he'll get the wall built, how Mexico will pay for it, how he'll get rid of ISIS etc etc. and he deflected because he doesn't know. He had some ideas, but that was the extent. He has/had no idea on how to actually implement all these brilliant ideas he had. He didn't listen to advisers, he just said what he wanted because he liked the idea and I don't think it went any farther than that.

Now that he's elected, he has to think about it and get actual advice... which leads us to now. He realizes the majority of things he's said are difficult if not impossible to pull off.

Trudeau definitely worked in a similar fashion, but he was very articulate in explaining how he was going to implement those changes and a few of the steps along the way.

There's a big difference between a person like Trudeau who grew up around politicians and PM's and a blowhard like Trump that had no first hand experience at implementing changes.

And yes, I did vote for Trudeau. The alternative was terrible and I think he's doing an okay job so far despite what all the right wing rig workers think.
_