Author: jabes <hauj00b>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/3/2016 1:46:09 PM
Subject: RE: Like I said before...

★ propose a constitutional amendment to
impose term limits on all members of Congress.

Sounds great, would make a big difference.

★ a requirement that for every new federal regulation,
two existing regulations must be eliminated.

They'll just end up writing the two that get eliminated into the new one. Plus, how does he get this bill passed? What issue does he give up on to get this in the pipe? Universal Health Care?

★ a five-year ban on White House and
Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they
leave government service.

Lobbyists or just working within that industry? There are more tactful ways to approach cleaning up lobbying.

★ a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying
on behalf of a foreign government.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the WH trying to lobby for aid to a foreign government after a tragedy or to implement and execute a project that benefits them.

★ a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising
money for American elections.

How about just overhaul the Campaign Finance laws in totality?

★ withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Sure, I know very little about the TPP anyways. I don't know how it affects the movement of workers or price points on exports and imports.

★ cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate
change programs and use the money to fix America’s
water and environmental infrastructure.

Honestly think that investing in 3rd world nations is a good idea. I think getting them on more efficient systems from the beginning instead of having them work their way up through the technologies is a good idea.

★ cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities.

Oh, so a city like Minneapolis wouldn't get cash for being a host for Hmong and East Africans? That is weird. Didn't know that there was like a 'stipend' that they get for each person fresh off the boat. I suppose they need some compensation, but maybe flagging the dollars for programs explicitly for integrating these cultures is a good idea.

★ suspend immigration from terror-prone regions
where vetting cannot safely occur.

Yeah, we already do this. If someone is not vetted per their expectations, they do not come in.
_