Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 8/15/2016 11:17:21 PM
Subject: RE: Redrix, How's the new baby?

My advice to you:

You will have ideals on how to raise your child. That is good. Make sure you and the mother discuss this in great detail as this will help keep you on track, and avoid arguments with her in the future.

You will always have goals for your child, like not letting them watch TV until a certain age, etc. and I guarantee that you will falter with some of the ideals that you have decided on, but always remember to go back to the basics.

Decide right away that you will never fight in front of the kid... that's a huge one. You will fail with that eventually, but keep it in the back of your mind and keep eachother in check.

My final piece of advice is to let the kid play... freely. As parents we often feel like we must intervene at any sign of distress, but from everything I've learned as a parent, the single most important thing you can do for your child is to let him figure shit out on his own... you see him getting in an argument with another kid, somebody starts crying... let them work it out. Let them play and watch them grow.
_