Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 8/10/2016 6:01:16 PM
Subject: First impression after 2-weeks in Canada:

PRE-POST NOTE: PLEASE TELL ME BEST POUTINE IN MONTREAL AKA CANADA, THANKS! P.S. WE ARE GOING TO STEREO ON AUG 19 OR AUG 20 FOR MARCUS SCHULZ, COME ALONG! 707.606.8634

1) Wow, Toronto is hotter than California in the summer. Wow, wow, wow. Can't even go outside to exercise because it's so hot.

2) The CN Tower, the largest tower in Canada, is extremely majestic and so much better in real life than in jpg pictures. The view from the Blue Jays game last night of the tower was incredible.

3) Despite being the rudest Canadians, Torontonians are still amazing and very kind. I can't imagine how kind Nova Scotians are, if this is how Toronto (rude? lol) people are every day.

4) Toronto is possibly the least 'hippy' town I've ever been in. Even at the minimal techno and tech-house day festival, everyone was dressed quite regular and/or clubby and higher class. People here have money and it shows, at least downtown. I have seen almost zero hippies and/or candy kids and/or ravers and/or counter-culturalists, and I have not even heard any punk rock or metal, but I assume I just haven't been out enough.

5) The traffc is 'bad', but not L.A. bad like a lot of Canadians seemed to tell me before I got here. It is almost never stop-and-go traffic. There is traffic every day but it's a flowing, slow traffic. It's not stop traffic.

6) This is the most multicultural place I've ever been and I can't believe that it makes San Francisco look amateur in the amount of Chinese people walking the streets. But it's not just Chinese. It's every country in Africa Africans, every country in Asia Asians, and every country in Europe Europeans. The only thing there are none of is Mexicans. That's it. There are weirdo country South Americans like Uruguyans and Surinamese, but there are no beaners anywhere in sight and that makes me a bit uncomfortable since I love Mexicans and Mexican food.

7) The food scene is off the charts due to this being the most multicultural place in the world.

8) The alcohol scene is horrific. You can only buy from specific government run stores, and there are even terrible rules such as not being able to buy alcohol after 6 pm on Sundays (NOTE: IN ONTARIO PROVINCE).

9) Everything I've stated here is a reflection of Toronto. We have only been there and Kingston and will go to Ottawa and Montreal next-next weekend.

P.S. Poutine is DANK. It's not as good as a California Burrito, but it is completely amazing and they say I haven't even had real (aka Montreal) Poutine.

Overall, high rated country. Would live here.

_