Author: Tonester <@mobile>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/17/2016 4:10:45 PM
Subject: RE: GAWD

I definitely fall into the collective rights camp with regards to interpreting 2nd Amendment but I find myself giving the 2008 ruling the benefit of the doubt and moving on.

Besides, even if guns were protected by the Constitution for military reasons, I would totally be fine with guns being okay for several other reasons too (hunting, sport, etc)

So considering all that, for me personally, I find interpretations of the 2nd amendment irrelevant - I believe people have valid reasons to have guns. Period.

Logically, I find it hard to believe that the ease / speed by which someone can lawfully obtain a gun has no impact on the number of gun-related deaths. Sorry. I've seen the stats skewed both ways... but I'm just not buying the argument that it doesn't play a role in reducing the number of deaths.

I totally support a revitalized look at gun control laws.... especially around those that make them harder to get.... and I believe the more dangerous they are , the harder and longer it should take to get those.

Mental illness, mandatory tests, registration, waiting periods, etc.

It's all fair game, IMO.

I have absolutely no issues with responsible, healthy, educated, and law-abiding citizens having guns.
_