Author: Maelstrom <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/17/2016 8:12:16 AM
Subject: RAAWWWWWWWWWWWR!

Niall: (Sammy Sosa chest/fist/peace sign thing)

Mikey: That's a good summary of why no one posts here anymore.

Lando: When someone as dumb (and I don't mean that to be offensive, rather it is a long term objective analysis based on years of observing what your brain makes your fingers do) as you uses the term "common sense", you really mean "collective pedestrian regurgitation".

I'm not worried about anyone taking away my guns.

I AM tired of people killing each other.

I am REALLY tired of the two idiot brigades:

Team A: Guns are the problem! I don't know fuck all about them, and my hatred for them transcends any logical examination of the rest of my ideals because no matter how naive something is, if enough people like me believe it, I don't need to explain it. You're the dumbass.

Team B: Guns are more important than anything ever, fuck you! You don't even know the difference between a clip and a magazine! Guns are what makes this country great and my love for them transcends any logical examination of the rest of my ideals because no matter how naive something is, if enough people like me believe it, I don't need to explain it. You're the dumbass.

In the end, the reality is this: There are more guns in this country than people. There are trillions of rounds of ammunition for them. Our government can't efficiently perform even the most rudimentary tasks without causing twelve more problems. No legislation is going to, at this point, prevent the unlawful from obtaining a firearm if they are motivated.

Do you think Moron Al Douchesef or whatever the fuckface in Orlando's name was, had he been denied a firearm purchase, would have just calmed his tits down and accepted the fact that he was a gay Muslim and not figured out another way to kill people? His motivations, whatever they were, were strong enough to cause him to commit mass murder. What's the end game behind denying him a firearms purchase? Trying to ensure he kills LESS people? Like Timothy McVeigh did?

Here's the grand impasse:

Team A is made up of people from a wide spectrum. The most vocal ones tend to spew countless skewed facts, logical fallacies, and downright untruths.

The common bond, however, is that they all agree that they don't want to see firearm related bloodshed anymore. They don't all necessarily really care about people getting killed or dying, they care about the individual's ability to decide for whatever reason that they don't want to live on this planet anymore, and with a firearm, take a bunch of people who don't feel the same with them.

Team B: is made up of people from a wide spectrum. The most vocal ones tend to spew countless skewed facts, logical fallacies, and downright untruths.

The common bond, however, is that they all agree that they do not want their right to defend themselves with technological parity against the evil in this world. They see the mass hysteria generated every time there is a mass shooting as a concentrated effort to push anti-gun legislation that will infringe upon said right.

Team A CLAIMS that "they don't want to disarm law abiding citizens"... and the majority of them claiming this are probably earnest. The issue is that the vehemence of the vocal minority immediately creates an environment where any discussion is shut down by those same tired arguments against the 2nd Amendment. We are mired in those weeds of pointless pseudo-intellectuals who can't read a document in context, infer intentions, etc... (You don't need an AR-15 to hunt deer! Ad Infinintum)

On Team B you have the vocal good ole boys increasing the noise ratio many times over rushing to attempt to educate (generally with material they themselves don't truly understand) these 'gun hatin hippy faggots' who are never going to change their mind anyway.

The answer? (Or, at least one that I think could actually lead to some change)

Team A needs to embrace the 2nd Amendment. Not their inept interpretation of it, but what it truly stands for. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

They need to approach the issue with maintaining the sanctity of the 2nd Amendment at the forefront and the heart of the endeavor.

Know your opposition, stop hating them, and figure out how to compromise instead of us just being locked in this endless cycle of "Shooting->Immediate Politicization->Massive I AM RIGHT Internet Campaign->Kardashian farts/Trannys want to be in Miss America/etc and everyone moves on till the next shooting and nothing actually happens"

Knowing your opposition means understanding this:

Yeah, it's good ole' Red Dawn, a classic go-to for ridicule and dismissal.

The trouble is, the sentiment that disarming the populace, no matter how jaded you are to it by having never experienced the world nor being interested in good old fashioned history, is a tried and true method of enslavement that has gone on for years and continues to this day in parts of the world you don't see on Netflix or The Daily Show or MSNBC.

The bottom line for Team A is that the only way the really hard core leftists are going to achieve their dream of complete gun control and confiscation is by using people with guns to kill the people who refuse to comply.

Team B needs to embrace the fact that not everyone gives a fuck about self-defense and sovereignty, at least not while it doesn't directly affect them. They need to embrace the fact that just because they served their country, either in the military or simply by being a "good, armed citizen" (which was, for the majority of this nation's history, a laudable thing) that doesn't mean that everyone needs to think like them.

Liberty is no longer liberty once we start curtailing it. Just because some fought for, or protects your "Freedoms" doesn't mean they need to worship you or agree with your decisions. Not to get into the veteran suicide rate and that whole thing, but it does speak volumes as to the despondence these guys and girls feel when they come back and see what we're squabbling over.

Anyway, this post isn't going to change shit, but it's been awhile since I shit on PiCE.

Hi.

_