Author: Mythra <asdf@asdf.edu>     Reply to Message
Date: 4/29/2016 1:23:16 PM
Subject: RE: Kickstarter!

That's not me in the videos, but I will be in future streams. I'll also be running DM events/campaigns in the game once we're live (which we'll be streaming, too).

The Infinite Black (TIB) is the game that was really inspired by TradeWars, and kept us afloat as a business for the past 4-5 years. It was originally developed as a TW2002 clone, but we ended up changing a lot of things and turning it into a different game. People call us "Eve-Lite." It's a pretty hard game, and very socially driven. If you're not good at playing well with others, you're going to have a hard time at things. It's also not a very flashy game; no 3D graphics, etc. It's very very MUDlike.

https://www.spellbook.com/tib/ We've got three different clients (iOS classic, Android classic, and Advanced in Unity3D for all platforms). We're launching a new "Gold" server soonish, if that's something you or your friends are interested in.

The TIB engine is rather limited, or at least, it's not as flexible as we'd like it to be. The Heroes of Dire engine is what we'll use to make a new TIB game, but that's a ways off.
_