Author: Fresh Meat . <mymodem gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 2/11/2016 8:11:17 AM
Subject: RE: Add me to the weekly fail list

Think about the problems they had with drones while the airplanes were trying to fight forest fires. Everybody and the dog with a drone was out taking pictures. After a public appeal went ignored, they grounded the airplanes.

A signal jammer works, but then you'd have a drone flying out of control into the airspace needed by the water bombers. Or let's say you have a drone over a large crowd, how do you get it out of the air safely.

I do believe they have hunter drones that have an array of cameras that can autonomously seek out another drone. But then what? Catch the offending drone in a net? Drop a net into it's blades? Set phasers to stun? I guess that would work in the bush, but what about the one flying over lollapalooza?

Right now there is an anti drone 'arms race'. Prisons are equipping with drone detectors that only alert of an incoming drone for now. It basically listens for the sound of a drone.

The FCC bans any kind of jamming device. Whether it jams a drone or cell phone or any thing, no jamming allowed. No exceptions, not even for drones.

Most drones use wifi and I don't know the rules for attacking a device on a wifi network. I've read about Anti drones attacking offending drones on a Linux level. I don't think that's a viable option as it will just end up being a cat and mouse game of hack and anti-hack.

Well anyways, there is a ton of anti drone reading out there. And remember, the best one will be the one that can capture a drone. Not just drop it out of the sky.

So here is a drone force field for your home : https://plugunplug.net/ . (if you don't live in America. Doesn't go with freedom fries I guess)

_