Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/26/2016 3:53:14 PM
Subject: RE: Drak

Hey hey wait up, I realized in the shower my folly. I don't hate consoles. I love getting down on some Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Bros (or literally any other Nintendo game - That is one system/company PC can't replicate the feel of). Or Super Meat Boy, or Street Fighter 4 (soon 5). It can be fun stuff, and I've owned dozens of different consoles in my life. And I might get a PS4 when Final Fantasy 15 comes out because I always, always play Final Fantasy.

So it's not like I (we) don't understand them.

The thing I'm against is trying to say they are for hardcore and professional gamers. E-sports players. Or C-RPG gamers who have been elite since the '88-92 era. And no, Diablo does not count into that, lol. I'm huge into e-sports and have been since Quake 2 CPL, as many others on this board were too, back when Quake 2 was huge, and I follow the scene big time still, which is probably apparent from my amount of forever-alone gaming posts that get no replies here.

And in e-sports, the amount of games that are played on console is so minimal that I can name them in one little list. Call of Duty, Smash Brothers, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter. And every once in a while, other misc. stuff. Mario Maker and Mario Kart are always around now but not really true competitive games.

Then you have PC games. Basically all of the current FPS games (Counterstrike Go is #1 right now), all RTS games (Starcraft 2 is the most competitive RTS of all time), all the MOBA's, all the arena-style MMO's, and yeah, even the "casual" Hearthstone which is unreasonably difficult at high-levels to play. I can't even break level 14 in that damn game.

TL;DR:

Consoles provide:
+ Fun with friends
+ Casual gaming

Consoles don't provide:
- Innovation
- Good Graphics (sorry but 720 isn't good, and I'm now playing every game on 4K as everyone else in korea is)
- Hardcore/Professional competition
- Scientifically Exact Aiming unless you have a mouse
- CHEAP GAMES (besides indie)

All good though, we can co-exist.
But any reporter (see: doom 4 review in other post) who picks up a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard to play the new Doom game is a chode of a gamer.
_