Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/25/2016 9:53:38 PM
Subject: RE: Drak

Blizzard games casual!? No way, not besides WoW.

Starcraft 2 is literally the most hardcore RTS of all time at the upper echelon with the exception of Starcraft 1 Brood War. I am still DEEP in the SC2 community. I watch 4-5 hours of pro games per week and follow every tournament. Calling Starcraft 2 casual is literally the last thing that makes sense in the entire world of PC Gaming right now. It is the only professional e-sports game that takes skill outside of RTS's.

You can call League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm casual "in a way" but not in a console way. The upper limit is still way, way high and the hardcore factor is there for players who want it to be that way.

And how about games like Pillars of Eternity? Oh man that would not work well on console. It is so complex and beautifully intricate, yet so cohesive and perfect. Console users, *in general*, do not have the brain power to play a game like that. I'm surprised they were even able to play and enjoy Divinity Original Sin to be honest.

I will totally admit that Playstation 4 (and to a much, much lesser extent, XBone) are way better than most of their predecessors and can do amazing things, but what Mael says about consoles not breaking new innovative ground is true. The only innovative games I can think of in recent times from the console realm are games like The Last Of Us (BRILLIANT) and Metal Gear 5, but that's also on PC.. just like GTA 5... PC version is so much better.

True innovation is actually mostly coming from Steam indie games, and the big companies are drawing a lot of ideas from those smaller releases.

Consoles are ok but they are casual. Everything except what I said in my previous post: Fighting games and racing games. For those, you need a console. Tetris style puzzle games too. And smash brothers. So yeah, they have their place, but they are still gimp. It's a PC Masterrace world.
_