Author: Fresh Meat . <mymodem gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/30/2015 11:39:46 AM
Subject: RE: Xbone Elite Controller out of Stock

The link I posted is now out of stock. Probably bought out by scalpers.

You get Exponential mouse movement when you set your mouse to move the cursor a little bit when going slow, and move the cursor a lot when going fast.

So on the controller, the expo would allow you to have a larger range of Motion on the stick for smaller movement on the screen. But you will still have 100% movement when the stick reaches the end of movement.

You can set the exponential value. Push the stick 25% and get 25% movement is linear. (which is all joysticks now). Or set it so 25% stick movement is equal to 5% screen movement or 10% or 15%. There is choice of expo value

On an RC controller you can also have Positive expo. So 25% stick equals servo at 50% of it's range.

Because I use expo on RC's, I can see many uses of expo in games, more so shooters. I guess we'll see....

I don't know these people, but I have the same exact same planes. Expo tames the Inverza (the one on the left). You can still snap roll with 100% throw on the ailerons, but it's not nightmarishly sensitive when trying to roll slow.

_