Author: duxstar <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/23/2015 11:47:02 AM
Subject: RE: Favorite Podcasts

What do you like to listen to, alot my favorites revolve around video games.

Its to the point where I don't watch TV, or watch movies, i listen to a shit ton of podcasts, and play videogames.

Some of my favorite by subject

Football
Fantasy Focus - These guys are funny, give you ideas about who to pick up through out the season, and manage to keep it under an hour.

Fantasy Football Today has a good group of people that can be a little humorous

The Audible - Just another football podcast with 2 guys going over the weekly games

Also subscribed too but listen on a when i feel like it basis of Mike and Mike in the Morning, Dan Patrick Show, Scott Van Pelt show, The Dan Lebatard show, and the Bill Simmons podcast

For pure entertainment/funny podcasts

Stuff to Blow your Mind - Always interesting cool dives into wierd things and you learn a ton listening to it. They had one the other day about Telepathy

My Brother, My Brother and Me - They are comedy gold, I get that their sense of humor might not be for everyone, but if you listen to them, and get them there might not be a funnier podcast out there.

The Adventure Zone - Take the same above funny people and now they are doing a D + D style campaign with their dad, I dont even play D and D but if you know a little about it you can follow along and they are still hilarious.

Laser Time - These guys just kind of riff on the media and nerdy culture in general, they are really fun to listen to and I like the podcast. Their last few podcasts are about things like Star wars, and TV commercials, and just cool topic of the week type stuff.

Geekbox - Same as above, some nerds talk about whats going on in their world, can go between Videogames to whats nerdy on Netflix (Flash, Jessica Jones etc) and of course this week was about Star wars.

Video games - Perhaps my biggest list so I will just go through the really BEST ones imho

Giant Bombcast - The group is great, they really talk about video games, what they are playing, what's hot out, whats going on in the world, and whatever life stuff comes up. Its grown on me and is easily one of my favorite podcasts

Giant Beastcast - Some of the guys from the Bombcast created an office out east (the bombcast is in the west) and has a solid group of guys with good discussions every week, this one is relatively newer but still pretty good.

Idle Thumbs - A podcast about video games and video game news by a bunch of developers of Video games, went away for a few years and got brought back through kickstarter. Sometimes they go deep on videogames, in an intelligent way that most people just don't think about.

Theres a lot more thats a little more specific to my general hobbies so I wont mention those, but the list above is a pretty good start of the best I listen to each week
_