Author: PnuE <yeah@no>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/5/2015 3:49:39 AM
Subject: RE: So..... We're not going to talk about it?

"no, im not saying there is no solution - but why do you think the solution should be legislation? Just think about the gun problem like the drug problem. Both are case of pandora's boxes and prohibition simply isn't effective."

Aside from Kumbaya that is what you're saying if you're cemented to there being no legislative solution.

"I get you, if I could choose a world with no guns I'd choose that too. But that's not a real option on the table and these proposals for new laws will not be effective. The truth is that the problems are more likely to do with a variety of social situations i.e. poverty, inner city violence, societal response to domestic violence etc."

Drak didn't say anything about wanting a world with no guns. Rather he hoped a fraction of a populous wouldn't stain the social perspective on responsible gun ownership.

"Thinking that all we have to do is pass a law and the problem will be resolved is naive. And actually knowing that the law wont help but pushing for it anyway is the height of vanity because then you're basically only pushing for a law that will make you feel better - even if you know it wont work."

You're right...anarchy!?
_