Author: LaNdo <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/2/2015 8:28:40 PM
Subject: Your Utopia

Pretend you get a fresh start in North America (USA or Canada) describe your perfect Utopian society and how the government if any is run.

- Type of government and level of involvement
- Military use (attack, defend or do nothing)
- Laws that you would see implemented that don't exist now

For me it's a type of democratic government. There would be 5 or 6 political parties, each are designated to a certain part of the country. Each citizen would fill out a large survey, outlining what is important to them, then each party is created to represent the views and opinions that the majority of the people want. So one party would be liberal, one libertarian, one conservative etc. Each section of the country would be determined by that census and the people in those territories would vote in the person they want to represent them. All governments working together for certain things.

Here's the kicker - there would be a type of facebook for the government. Their popularity would be dynamic at all times, so if they make a bad decision and the majority of the people in their territory click the "unlike" button, they would have a chance to elect a new official.

Military would be defensive mostly - any military campaigns would have to be approved by a large military council elected by each territory. The council would vote as a group on campaign details, missions etc. and gauge threat levels. During peaceful times they would work in communities training citizens how to fight - large paintball tournaments or something.

Some laws I would implement would be:

- Chid molesters, rapists etc would be jailed, castrated and have a tattoo "PERVERT" on their forehead. Or shot on sight, whichever. I'd just rather have them suffer a long time.
- Several drugs would be legalized completely - weed would be sold and taxed like tobacco. Harder drugs like heroin and coke - people would be sent to mandatory detox centers and rehab. Not like the ones they have now, but government funded ones that actually work and help people cope with living without drugs.
- Mandatory military training after school for 1-2 years. Would be introductory to college and some positions implemented. (Kind of like how the Swiss do it).
- Political parties would not be allowed collude with corporations or take any kind of money for campaigning. Campaigns would have a cap for all parties and cannot exceed that amount.

Just a few ideas, I don't know if it would work, but I often think of how our governments were built so long ago when people thought differently. New ideas are shot down, amendments nearly impossible no matter how much sense they make.

_