Author: Maelstrom <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/16/2015 8:06:50 AM
Subject: RE: Whoot Whoot

I guess, having modded FO3 like 4 years ago to build my own junk town complete with guards and npcs/shopkeepers, etc... the whole "build your town" thing being a "new" part of the game isn't doing it for me... like when Apple comes out with some new feature I have been using forever (or Samsung, for that matter).

I'm really let down about continued oversimplification of shit in games... we keep removing the challenges, taking the edges off the frustration, and thereby diminishing the reward.

Not at all trying to piss on anyone's parade, if you're having fun, rock and roll... it's just sad to see a game that used to be gritty as fuck and perfectly fantastic while at the same time perfectly believable, get relegated to the ultra-hip ultra-popular crowd treatment.

It's not like this installment began the downward spiral, but Morrowind was the last labor of love Bethesda made (or was allowed to make).

Ahhh well... it be what it be. Requiem made Skyrim about 100x better (and now you can tweak the hell out of it too) hopefully the dumbed down skills shit will be excised quickly.
_