Author: Astanyx <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/11/2015 1:42:15 PM
Subject: RE: Don't stop Mikey

A few things spring to mind

'And acting in someone else's interest (and not your own) is potentially not even theoretically possible, so we can't expect them to do ANYTHING BUT act in their own self interest with that power. '

I am not sure I can agree with that but even if it was true I can't help but feel the 'for profit' company is ALWAYS going to do what is in its best interest as well which I'm not sure I can agree would be any better or worse for me personally.

"But there are some laws that aren't just one groups opinion - murder, rape, theft. These are, by their very definition, crimes. "

untrue? or at least certainly not universal. I think we have seen enough evidence that murder, rape and theft are all OK under certain circumstances if you say... live in the middle east? I mean, shit happens every day without penalty because, for example, if you are a women who cheats on her husband you get stoned to death and other such examples. This makes up a not unsubstantial portion of the world population

I agree that most crimes aren't real crimes but they weren't arbitrarily made? I can't see why the things that are now 'illegal' couldn't be made so under your system as well?
_