Author: Redrix <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/8/2015 9:24:11 AM
Subject: Stop Mikey

My definitions came from dictionaries. I'm trying to show you what anarchy really is through well defined sources. Anarchy and law cannot exist at the same time. period. Law + anarchy != anarchy.

Here are my credible sources:

Google Dictionary
an·ar·chy
ˈanərkē/Submit
noun
a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
"he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"
synonyms: lawlessness, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, disorder, chaos, mayhem, tumult, turmoil
"conditions are dangerously ripe for anarchy"
absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

Dictionary.com - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anarchy
1) a state of society without government or law.
2) political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control
4) lack of obedience to an authority; insubordination

Merriam-Webster - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchy
1) absence of government
2) a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority
3) absence or denial of any authority or established order

Do you have credible sources that claim law + anarchy = anarchy? If so, i would certainly like to see them.

Since chaos and anarchy have multiples definitions, the context in which they are used will define their absolute meaning. In the context of our conversation, they do mean the same thing.

"All I'm saying is that this is, to most people, a very foreign and outlandish idea that 99% of people have never given any serious thought."

You have every right to believe this. However, I choose to fit with the 1% you give and claim that anarchy will not work because people will naturally organize themselves into a political structure that will allow certain protections of their property and well being. Nature itself does this and provides countless examples. Think of all the prides and herds and flocks and gangs and groups and families of animals. Do you think they live in anarchy?

If anything, anarchy and utopia are just as synonymous as anarchy and chaos in this context.

Thanks for this debate Mikey. It's warming me up for an article I'm writing about assisted reproductive technology.

:) Have a good one!
_