Author: Mikey <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/7/2015 6:03:07 PM
Subject: RE: fallout 4 early

im three hours in or so.

Id say.... two major thoughts:

1) obviously its AAA and great. It's mostly just 'more/better Fallout 3' with some major additions like the workshop. Graphics dont push the envelope at all but it looks fine and plays how you expect it to.

2) I'm also disappointed a little bit in one major way. And that's the roleplaying aspect. In this (and in Fallout 3) you start with so many very specific aspects of your character specified to you, that it feels restrictive in terms of the actual roleplaying aspect. Similarly, your character starts the game with the ability to do more than I think they should from a crafting perspective. Like, why does my guy know how to machine a weapon mod for a gun he just picked up off the ground?

I expect mods to be able to completely mitigate these design choices very shortly after release as they did for Fallout 3/NV.

The only problem I have now is trying to decide on playing the main quest of the game and just playing along with their character, or trying to forget the main storyline and just go out and explore (which is my preference) and build a different type of character in my head.

Anyway, obviously its a 10/10 drak but those are my thoughts.
_