Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/5/2015 3:06:30 PM
Subject: RE: This Tarantino vs Cop shit...

Yep youre definitely right.
There are some good cops around, and often when you encounter those types, your day is brightened and they are hilarious and genuine. I wish they weren't the minority.

I was so unnecessarily hassled as a teen and in college, and only a small % of the time I deserved it (like when I was drinking in public or something dumb). I hated cops and everyone knew it. But even then, I realized there were some good ones and had some cadet friends.

I can't stand the police presence in America though, at least in California. It feels like I'm always in danger; not from gangsters but from the local law enforcement. Even if its just worrying about driving 74 mph in a 70 mph zone. I'm literally always paranoid.

Since moving away, I can't even recall the last time I saw a police officer or a police car. Granted, America needs cops and Asia doesn't (as much), but it's soooo nice being able to walk around freely without any fear at all of being bothered. I can walk on the street at 4 A.M. and not get "pulled over" to see if I'm robbing people or drunk. What a concept.

I want so badly for America to not be a police state any longer, because it often feels like we are one step away from the sand people in the middle east, truly locked down and shooting at our own kind in public.
_