Author: Maelstrom <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 10/30/2015 7:03:55 AM
Subject: RE: Halloween sale

Yeah, fuck, I didn't even think to mention that... it's a foakin system hog.... supposed to get DX12 enhancements for Win10 soonly though.

Picers are welcome on the Picer server, we'll see how many people it can handle...

You need to search for Unofficial, Passworded servers: BigMcLargeServer

Password is b0b

PvE is currently on... but that can change, should the consensus be to move in that direction.

Here's some of the nitty gritty on the EA stuff though... it's VERY stable for early access, In ~80 hours I have had one crash and that was after I had been fucking with my graphics settings and it crashed on game exit.

Dinosaurs DO disappear... this is... almost game-breaking in as far as having fun... with normal settings it can take for fucking EVER to tame a decent dino... due to the fuckery of having dinosaurs literally poof into nothingness, I have made taming extremely fast.

You still have to knock them out (either with stones, a club, tranq arrows or tranq darts) but the process of feeding them is simple... I adjusted their hunger so it depletes slower, so it's not like an insta-tame usually, and higher level shit will still benefit from better foods and stuff.

(This stems from losing shit that took hours to tame, the last straw was a bronto that had a saddle and thousands of resources on it that I was lugging overland to make a new base... walked away... came back... the entire posse of shitkickers was there and fine, but not the foakin Bronto that was parked in the middle. Fucking awesome.)

This being said, put important shit in large quantities on dinos at your own risk until the fix this

Note: We've lost ~10 or so Dinos to the world eater bug in ~70 hours of play... so it's not a massive problem, and so far we've only had one carnivore disappear and that was a Sarco... just FYI

Anyway, EXP is 3x... so you'll level fairly quickly. Harvestables have 5x more "HP" so you get to harvest longer from them, and they yield 5x more stuff... this will be adjusted relative to tribe sizes on the server, but one person building a house still takes a long time.

Anyway, I also turned on map loc, but you would do well to use it only when lost and to rely on land nav: dead reckoning/terrain recognition. It'll be off in the future.

Right now it's pretty much MC rules... don't grief other peoples shit. Once we go PvP or TvT, that'll change, but for now let people figure the game out.

Dymestl is by herself in the south, Prato and I have a few little outposts scattered around the south east, and main stuff on the south east beach around the cave area there, and a new outpost way up NE by the NE Mountain.

Inf and Madd are somewhere in the south/southwest I believe.

I believe the west spawns and north spawns are all open, but be careful... no idea what is in the west, and the north spawns (actually northeast) are on the coast near the Gulch of Lamentation which is aptly named.

There are plenty of tutorial resources out there, but if you want any starting advice I have died early and often.

Long term plan is either to wipe the map once things are a bit more stable and then set the server up for PvP/TvT OR we go as a group and try to assault one of the official servers... or better yet, find a good, established PvP server and hit that as a group (since they won't have the 1x taming and shit that is balls since it takes like 6 *hours* to tame a fucking Rex)

_