Author: Redrix <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/29/2015 2:48:33 PM
Subject: RE: Privacy

"this is just dumb."

Not as dumb as your oversimplified ambiguous comment.

"read a book man."

Which one?

"the fact that some people are extremely naive and don't understand how the world works shouldn't be that convincing to you. "

I am convinced some people are as you say, naive and don't understand how the world works. The word 'some' could even be interchanged with 'most' if not 'all.' It would surely be an oddity if there was a single individual who understood absolutely everything about this world, and if i'm not mistaken 'some' if not 'most' naive people of this world seem to call this oddity God. fortunately, I am not absolutely convinced this guys ideas are the only way to go, but he does seem to have a good intentions to build a more friendly interwebs.

"the bottom line is the fact that these people seem well intentioned means nothing."

Oh, so anyone who seems well-intentioned people means nothing? And We shouldn't listen to well-intentioned people? Or perhaps since they appear well-intentioned means they actually aren't? So what well-intentioned president are you voting for?

"if their ideas dont actually WORK, then they are not in fact making the world a better place, they're making us all worse off."

This conditional statement does not disprove his ideas will not work. I could easy say, 'If their ideas DO actually work, then they will make the world a better place, they are making us better off.'

"so please dont believe them just because they seem nice."

I don't believe 100% of what he says, but it SEEMS as if he is well-intention. I'm also not 100% against his ideas. I don't want to get super heavy involved with research of the three situations he has brought up, but he does bring interesting points and perspectives to the table regarding ads, privacy, and VCs.
_