Author: Niall <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/8/2014 6:33:11 AM
Subject: RE: Anyone still playing MC?

I gots me the fancy new 1.8 patch that everyone says is so groundbreaking, thus far i've noticed a few new block types, but that's about it... Seems there are a ton of new recipes and stuff i guess, i'm too much of a noob to figure it all out! I do like the ability to adjust how many chunks are visible, though once I got past 20 chunks, my PC started to DIE.

I'm starting to get back into the game because it's the first time my 7 year old and I are both pretty stoked about the same game, so I wanna get some daddy son time in with minecraft. (and getting the kid to do some next-level chores while i'm at work, in exchange for minecraft times!) Working on acquiring him a minecraft PC hand-me-down from the wife, but then what? Mael's server probably can't run mods on this new 1.8 patch, from the things i'm reading? Bukkit is no more, the minecraft guys are supposed to be working on a plugin API that isn't yet released? I would like to start a long term world with the kid, but for now it seems like that would have to be strictly just the 2 of us on a local server, though i'd like to get into a multiplayer one if anyone else here was gonna play it?

Vanilla 1.8 server maybe, Mael? Any interest?
_