Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/11/2013 9:54:35 AM
Subject: RE: Bots on Concrete

The bots tend to get "weird" when the server has been up for so many days, I just need to restart it. They reset when you tell them to "suicide", like "everyone suicide" or tell_target suicide.

There's a lot of map fixes and code fixes, however, that I'm working on/have completed for the official release of 3.99b so that bug is one that's known.

Another bug is when there's a sentry about, the bots won't go for the flag until that sentry is destroyed... that plays havoc with the bot's AI, but it's needed because otherwise you could plop a sentry (or a laser, for that matter) and the bots will ignore everything else until it's gone.

Remember the bots are there just to fill up space and give a sorta-realistic approach to an otherwise empty server; I really should schedule the server to restart every night.

As far as the shrap, I didn't touch it. The only thing I introduced that was part of the sharp's original code was the pellet launcher rocket, except made it more beefy. If timed right and the random hits are perfect it's an instant kill, but the odds of that happening are slim.

_