Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/23/2012 6:43:19 PM
Subject: WFA 3.99a beta files

Totally ganked the ftp, so here's with an updated link. I really should use the preview message button more often.

Should work fine with older versions of WFA, but I can't swear to it that there won't be conflicts.

All the files on the beta server are here CLICK and the server info is below, but the IP is 76.187.14.234:29090

The pak3.99a.vm12.pk3 (so aptly named) and the pak3.99a.pk3 are the most important ones; the versions of the maps on the server are different than earlier WFA versions so you'll get mismatches if you don't overwrite them. Just make a directory called "backup" or "old" in your wfa and move any existing packs that will be overwritten with the ones on the server.

It's only necessary to do this if you're gonna connect to the beta server. You don't need to do any of that if you just download the pak3.99a and the vm pack.

All weapons are available in CTF mode and DOM mode. Not too sure what will happen in FFA mode... probably badThings©

I'm gonna take a break for a bit and help the guys get the old wfa site up, but I've got a whole release ready when ioquake3 releases their updated code and I'll repack all the maps for the bot support and poof, last release for wfa.

If you are going to run a server, I strongly suggest you get an updated version of the server executable. I have updated ioquake3 client and server here for windows.

I don't have one for linux or mac but I can get them if anyone wants to run a server on a mac or linux, or just ask anyone in #ioquake3 on freenode.

I'll be haunting #wfa on irc.enterthegame.com too.

_