Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/19/2012 8:30:46 AM
Subject: RE: Weapons Factory Arena: AI and dealing with

The only reasons I'm doing this is one, to keep the skills sharp, and two, my son digs it, and three, it always bothered me that single player was never pursued. I'm having fun with it, and it feels like a match when I play on the beta server loaded up with 20 bots.

I am older tho, and I burn out easily playing because it's pretty intense, and I'm looking for bugs at the same time. But it's a development scenario now too that nobody had before... all weapons are used, all specials are used. So testing anything new is quite easy now.

Want to test the SHC? Spawn an arsonist bot and tell him to use it, then switch teams. Want to test multiple lasers if you disconnect? Spawn a gunner bot and then let her put down lasers, then kick her. Want to test optimized code for triggers for the grenades? Just spawn some bots and they use goodyears, proximity mines, etc. and see how hard it is during a spamfest.

My son, he's learning how to code his own android app. Simple "hello world" but still he's learning what the terms IDE and SDK mean, and installing stuff on linux now.
_