Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/5/2012 7:47:44 PM
Subject: Q&A and another video

More vid and questions answered

You have anything in there for what type of PB? Distance from spawn or something maybe?
Yea, the bot knows the distance from the AAS file (where the "flags" are hard-coded in as a base). I have some code for the bot to do it at a dropped flag, but it's not really in there yet. I'm adding a "drop flag" code piece in WFA for testing, and to keep it in, but it's a pain in the ass.

The bot uses the actual AAS file (autonomous awareness system) to calculate distance to the flags before a kami and/or a plasmabomb. And if caught in a melee and near death it goes into kami mode too and if a pb isn't active it'll drop a shorty right before death.

How long from spawn until the sentry was in sight?
If the sentry gun is empty or not hurting it, it's not an enemy. It's actually watching the ammo of it. the bot is calculating the distance from when it was last seen, and switches weapons accordingly during an attack (and if it's getting hit by a sentry).

Also I fixed the weapons switching so now it's modular; they will fire right the heck at you and only randomly change aim (otherwise they'd be deadly). The stock weapons system had to be torn apart and I'm rebuilding it class-specific and some generalizations. I had sent static/zith some files and he sorta put it in there, but I had to take it and really hammer in some more code to make it actually functional.

WFA weapons system is kinda complex and easy to get lost in.

_